1/4 Photos of Quark-tasche ( German Cheese Pastry )
1 hr 10 mins
Many years ago while on vacation in Munich, Germany, I stopped in a bakery for a snack. The pastry I had has stayed at the back of my mind for about 10 years now. This is my attempt at re-creating it. It is still kind-of a work in process, so please feel free to add more sugar or lemon juice as you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Combine quark, lemon juice and 3-4 tsp sugar. Taste and adjust juice and sugar to taste if necessary.
- 3Add egg and stir to combine.
- 4Unroll crescents and separate into large (roughly) squares (two per package of dough). Pinch together seams as much as possible.
- 5Measure out about 2 Tablespoons of cheese mixture and place in center of square.
- 6Take hold of two opposite corners of dough and bring to a point in the center, bringing the other two corners in to meet them, so that you are left with roughly a square filled pastry.
- 7Sprinkle squares with about 1/2 tsp sugar each and bake for about 14 minutes or until browned and puffed.
- 8Allow to cool and enjoy at room temperature.
- 9Refrigerate or freeze any leftovers.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quark-tasche ( German Cheese Pastry )
Serving Size: 1 (1009 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.3
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 83.1 mg
- Sodium 627.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 11.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: