Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My grandmother use to make something like this.
- 2 cups cream-style cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup dehydrated potato flakes
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- confectioners' sugar or syrup or fruit preserves
- Mix together cottage cheese, potato flakes, eggs, salt, sugar, lemon rind, raisins and flour to form a smooth dough, adding a little more flour if dough is too sticky. Pat the dough out on a floured surface to form a rectangle 9x3 inches.
- Cut into 1 1/2-inch squares.
- Melt margarine in frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry squares on both sides until browned, about 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot with confectioners' sugar, syrup or preserves.
I used small curd cottage cheese & the dough seemed a bit lumpy but the final product was stellar. It didn't say how much flour so I added a fistful or so but the dough was still quite loose so i dumped in a bit more potato. It made a lovely breakfast!! DH liked them too. The kids missed out, lol. xoxo to you!