Recipe by MARIA MAC *
Very good cookie. I have made these often always with great results. I omit the nuts.
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder (Check the expiration date)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup Crisco shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup sour milk (Add lemon juice to regular milk)
- 1 1⁄3 cups quaker old-fashioned oatmeal or 1 1⁄3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift first five ingredients. Cream shortening and sugar; add eggs; beat until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients in small amounts alternatively with milk. (You may do this by hand.).
- Stir in last three ingredients. Drop by teaspoonful onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 deg. until golden.