Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a copycat recipe for the dip portion of Quaker Steak and Lubes's Lube Chips (A crispy batch of natural home style potato chips served with tangy beer-cheese dip spiked with Guinness).
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1⁄4 cup beer (Guinness)
- Combine cream cheese and Cheddar cheese in an electric mixer beat on medium until smooth.
- Add garlic and spices. Beat well.
- Gradually add beer, beating until blended. Chill 1 hour.
- Serve with potato chips, crusty bread or crackers.
QS&L Guinness spiked beer cheese dip doesn't have the majority of these ingredients. The beer WILL be guinness, not just "Beer". It isn't very spicy but it does have bits of red and green in it. I'm not sure if it is pimento or pepper. Boo to this recipe.
Not Quaker Steak and Lube's Recipe at all!!!