- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 3⁄4 cup oats, uncooked (quick or old-fashioned)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Heinz Chili Sauce, for top
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients except chili sauce. Mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Press into an 8x4-inch loaf pan.
- Zigzag top of meatloaf with chili sauce.
- Bake for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Drain and let stand 5 minutes before serving with more chili sauce on the side.