Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Mom used the recipe straight off the box of the Quaker Oatmeal canister. This has always been extra special because of the warm thoughts it brings to me of my Aunt Marshee who worked at the Quaker Oatmeal plant as an executive assistant for most of her professional career.
- 177.44 ml shortening
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 1 egg
- 59.14 ml water
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 709.77 ml oats, uncooked
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 236.59 ml raisins
- 118.29-236.59 ml nuts, chopped
- Beat together shortening, sugars, egg, water and vanilla until creamy.
- Add combined remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Add raisins, nuts or even chocolate chips at the end.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
EAsy Peasy!!! Perfect oatmeal cookie recipe. Oven temp followed as per direction, 350, no higher or lower! Great cookie!
I just tried this and dropped onto non stick sheets. They burnt to a crisp in 8 minutes. Now I'm reducing the heat to see if the next batch turns out.
this is the recipe of my childhood! i'm going to try using lard instead, to make it healthier, but if that doesn't work, i'll stick with the shortening. thank you so much for posting this!