Recipe by Rutecki Family
Mom used the recipe straight off the box of the Quaker Oatmeal canister. This has always been extra special because of the warm thoughts it brings to me of my Aunt Marshee who worked at the Quaker Oatmeal plant as an executive assistant for most of her professional career.
- 177.44 ml shortening
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 1 egg
- 59.14 ml water
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 709.77 ml oats, uncooked
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 236.59 ml raisins
- 118.29-236.59 ml nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together shortening, sugars, egg, water and vanilla until creamy.
- Add combined remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Add raisins, nuts or even chocolate chips at the end.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.