Mom used the recipe straight off the box of the Quaker Oatmeal canister. This has always been extra special because of the warm thoughts it brings to me of my Aunt Marshee who worked at the Quaker Oatmeal plant as an executive assistant for most of her professional career.
- Beat together shortening, sugars, egg, water and vanilla until creamy.
- Add combined remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Add raisins, nuts or even chocolate chips at the end.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
this is the recipe of my childhood! i'm going to try using lard instead, to make it healthier, but if that doesn't work, i'll stick with the shortening. thank you so much for posting this!
Easy to follow and deliciously nutritious. Love oatmeal raisin.
I made this today and it was wonderful. Thanks for sharing. I used
currents instead of raisins and added 1/2 C of chocolate chips and 1/2 C of chopped walnuts.