Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
From Southern Living.
Make and share this Quail Stroganoff recipe from Food.com.
- 8 quail, dressed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- hot cooked egg noodles
- Put the quail in a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add in the onion and mushrooms; stir/saute until tender.
- Add in the wine and next 4 ingredients; stir to combine.
- Pour mixture over the quail.
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven; removed quail w/ tongs.
- Stir sour cream into drippings and return quail to mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes or until done.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles.
My 9 year old got his first quail, so we used them for this recipe. It was really good, everyone cleaned their plates. Yum!
It was really good, 7 STARS