Romantic Dish for that special Valentines day dinner
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the water to boiling.
- 2Meanwhile, melt the butter in large skillet, cook the garlic and aniseed for 5 minutes, and set aside.
- 3Put the rose petals and plums in a blender and puree until smooth and set aside.
- 4Cut an "x" over the flat ends of the chestnuts with a knife. Toast the chestnuts in a hot cast iron skillet for 5 minutes. When the shells open, add the chestnuts to the boiling water and cook for 15 minutes. Drain the chestnuts and allow them to cool. Peel the chestnuts, add them to the rose petal mixture, and puree while adding the remaining cup of water, slowly.
- 5Reheat the skillet with garlic butter mixture and add the rose petals puree. Simmer for 10 minutes then whisk in the honey, salt, and pepper.
- 6Push the sauce through a sieve, into a clean pan, pressing on the solids to extract the juice and some chestnut pulp. Keep the sauce warm.
- 7Preheat a grill or grill pan.
- 8Drizzle the quails with olive oil and season with salt. Grill the quails until they are medium rare, about 5 minutes per side. Serve with the Rose Petal Sauce.
Browse Our Top Quail Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quail Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quail in Rose Petal Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (559 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 620.8
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 196.2 mg
- Sodium 203.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 23.8 g
- Protein 43.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: