Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Adapted from the kitchen of DUFFY’S TAVERN courtesy of Captain Stu Tucker.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 737.08 g tomatoes, chopped (1 box Pomi brand)
- 737.08 g tomatoes, strained (1 box Pomi brand)
- 59.14 ml chili powder
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml dried oregano
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground black pepper
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 453.59 g quahogs, chopped and drained (or clams)
- 453.59 g can red kidney beans
- 453.59 g can cannellini beans
- 453.59 g can black beans
- Saute onion in oil for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add garlic and pepper and saute until onions are translucent and soft (about 10 minutes).
- Add tomatoes, seasonings, and simmer until thick (about an hour).
- Taste, and adjust salt, pepper, and chili powder if necessary.
- Add clams, beans and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
Been to Duffy's many many times. Great place, good times and great food.<br/>Quahog chili is absolutely awesome. Have made the trip down there just to have a bowl and 1 to take back home. Some things just make life more enjoyable,and this is definately one of them.<br/>If you haven't had Duffy's quahog chili yet you must put it on your to do list.