Recipe by hlkljgk
Adapted from the kitchen of DUFFY’S TAVERN courtesy of Captain Stu Tucker.
Top Review by JimMars
Been to Duffy's many many times. Great place, good times and great food.<br/>Quahog chili is absolutely awesome. Have made the trip down there just to have a bowl and 1 to take back home. Some things just make life more enjoyable,and this is definately one of them.<br/>If you haven't had Duffy's quahog chili yet you must put it on your to do list.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 26 ounces tomatoes, chopped (1 box Pomi brand)
- 26 ounces tomatoes, strained (1 box Pomi brand)
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 16 ounces quahogs, chopped and drained (or clams)
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in oil for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add garlic and pepper and saute until onions are translucent and soft (about 10 minutes).
- Add tomatoes, seasonings, and simmer until thick (about an hour).
- Taste, and adjust salt, pepper, and chili powder if necessary.
- Add clams, beans and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.