Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Adapted from the kitchen of DUFFY’S TAVERN courtesy of Captain Stu Tucker.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 26 ounces tomatoes, chopped (1 box Pomi brand)
- 26 ounces tomatoes, strained (1 box Pomi brand)
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 16 ounces quahogs, chopped and drained (or clams)
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
- Saute onion in oil for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add garlic and pepper and saute until onions are translucent and soft (about 10 minutes).
- Add tomatoes, seasonings, and simmer until thick (about an hour).
- Taste, and adjust salt, pepper, and chili powder if necessary.
- Add clams, beans and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
Been to Duffy's many many times. Great place, good times and great food.<br/>Quahog chili is absolutely awesome. Have made the trip down there just to have a bowl and 1 to take back home. Some things just make life more enjoyable,and this is definately one of them.<br/>If you haven't had Duffy's quahog chili yet you must put it on your to do list.