Recipe by mariposa13
The name says it all! From Food & Wine. Good to give as gifts or for bakesales.
Top Review by JillAZ
Wow! Intense chocolatey taste! These are very fudgy delicious brownies. They did take longer to bake than directed. I set the timer for 40 minutes and they were still very liquidy in the center. A baked for 55 minutes total. The center isn't quite set when you pull them out of the oven but they firm up upon cooling. I baked these for freezer tag in the oamc forum. These freeze very well. I allowed to cool and then cut into individual servings. I then place in a rigid freezer container with layers of parchment paper in between. Worked very well. Thanks for sharing a great recipe!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs unsalted butter, softened
- 1 lb unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 5 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 16 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 lb bittersweet chocolate, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb white chocolate, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb milk chocolate, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- parchment paper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300*F.
- Line bottoms of two 9x13-inch baking pans with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter with the unsweetened chocolate over low-heat, stirring frequently, until melted.
- In a large bowl, whisk the sugar with the eggs, vanilla, and salt.
- Add the melted chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour and whisk until incorporated.
- Stir in 5 ounces of each of the chopped chocolates.
- Spread the batter into prepared pans.
- Place the remaining chopped chocolates seperately into 3 small microwave safe bowls and melt.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the melted chocolate over the batter.
- Using a table knife, make swirls in the batter for a marbled effect.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, rotating the pans about halfway through, until the tops are shiny and the brownies are set.
- Transfer the brownies to a wire rack to cool completely before cutting into squares.