Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is one of those recipes that has been inside of my head for years. It originated with the recipe from a box of Ziti but adjusted to suit the likes and dislikes of my family. It can be made ahead and kept in the freezer for up to 2 months. Hope you like it too!
- 1 lb ziti pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 13X9X2 inch baking dish with Canola Oil.
- In a large bowl, stir together 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce, ricotta, cheese, mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, egg, parsley, egg, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir in already cooked and drained ziti noodles.
- Spoon pasta mixture into prepared 13X9X2 dish.
- Top with remaining spagetti sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 30-45 minutes until hot in center and bubbling around edges.