Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Had this dip today and it was soooo gooood! Found a copycat recipe for it at yahoo answers. Putting it here to try to duplicate later.
- 1 cup shreddred monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup American cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 roasted poblano peppers (finely chopped)
- 8 ounces tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground garlic
- Combine all of ingredients in crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally, or until cheese is melted.
- Thin with more milk or cream if necessary.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- For additional flavor, add finely chopped onion, ground cumin, chopped roasted red pepper, etc.
- Serve hot from crock with tortilla chips.
This was a good base... but I did a little "editing" and it's fantastic! I only used 1/2 t of garlic, and added about 1/2 c more liquid. For the liquid I used Crema Mexicana. I also added some salt, paprika, smoked paprika, cumin & coriander.
It's definitely a good recipe, but there was way too much garlic. Also, I only used two poblano peppers and that was more than enough (this definitely depends on the size of the pepper; mine were on the bigger side). Don't get me wrong, this recipe is great, but not Qdoba great. I think just lose the garlic or keep it to one teaspoon and you've got more than a copycat, but an exact replica. Thanks!
Very, very good! I have made lots of different Queso dips and I really liked this one a lot. I roasted the poblano peppers in the oven and then skinned them. Throw those and the tomatoes in a food processor. I do not ever use American cheese, so I just doubled the colby/monterey jack. Great!