Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A real good tea that wakes you up from sleep and refreshes you on a tired evening after the day's work!
- 4 cups water
- 2 small cardamoms, shelled and powdered
- 1 1⁄2 inches cinnamon, powdered
- 1 teaspoon fresh green tea
- 5 almonds, shredded
- 6 pieces saffron, crushed (optional)
- Place water and tea leaves in a pan.
- Boil and strain.
- Put in the cardamom, cinnamon, shredded almonds and saffron.
- Pour into individual cups.
- Serve at once.
This is a terrific tasty tea, Charishma! It has a nice subtle green tea flavor and a lovely spice combination. I did use the optional saffron, which I found to be the dominant flavor, although the cinnamon, and cardamom flavors do show through nicely. I don't really know what flavor the almonds add to this. Very tasty though! I halved the recipe for just BF and I with a drop of honey and milk! Thank you for a lovely variation on green tea!