2 hrs 10 mins
Rhonda Scheurer's Note:
Afghan recipe for chicken with rice, carrots and raisins. For the Dim Sum fans out there, this is a sort of Afghanistan Sticky Rice - it's exactly the same, only way different. ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large skillet, brown onion in 2 tbsp oil.
- 2Add chicken and brown lightly.
- 3Add 2 cups water, salt, cinnamon, cumin and cardamom.
- 4Cover and simmer until meat is tender, about one hour.
- 5Remove chicken and set aside.
- 6Set juice aside.
- 7Saute carrots and brown sugar in 4 tbsp oil until lightly browned.
- 8Remove and set aside.
- 9Add raisins to oil and cook until they swell up.
- 10Remove and set aside.
- 11Return the juice to the skillet.
- 12Add rice and 4 cups water and bring to a boil.
- 13Simmer until the water is absorbed.
- 14Pre-heat oven to 300.
- 15Mix the meat, carrots, raisins and rice.
- 16Place in a large casserole, cover and bake for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Qabili Pilau with Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (486 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 560.5
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 34.5 mg
- Sodium 469.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 15.0 g