Recipe by bayou-mimi
This budget friendly, great tasting favorite is a snap to prepare and easily tweaked to your own personal tastes by the addition of other fresh ingredients, add sliced mushrooms, peppers etc. Try using baby spinach leaves, thin sliced red onions, mushrooms and Feta cheese instead of the mozzzarella.. the possibilites are as endless as your imagination.. the servings depend on if it's used as a snack or a meal
Top Review by BLUE ROSE
What is nice about this recipe is everyone can have what they want. I chose to make this as a nice midnight snack. At first the boys were not sure if they would like this compared to ordering out but they were quite surprised with the out come. I realy enjoyed making this for the boys and of course us.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 3⁄4 lb 98% lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 6 slices tomatoes (thin slices)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup fine shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bread in half lengthwise.
- Combine next 8 ingredients, divide evenly and spread on each length of bread.
- Broil about 5 inches from heat for 12 minutes or until meat is done.
- Brush tomatoes with butter, place on top of bread alternating with cheese.
- Broil until cheese begins to melt.