Recipe by CoCaShe
This is a recipe for "pyzy" which are balls of dough, which my mom serves with ghoulash. This is my dad's all-time favourite dinner, so my mom finally perfected a recipe for the bread-machine so she wouldn't have to keep doing them by hand!
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups white flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients in the order recommended by your bread machine.
- Most machines will say to add the liquid first, then the dry ingredients. If your bread machine has a pre-heat feature (to ensure that all the ingredients are the same temperature) then make sure the yeast is added onto the very top of the flour - I like to make a well in the top of the flour pile - so that it isn't touching the water or salt.
- Set the machine to the "dough" cycle.
- When it's ready, let the dough rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Shape dough into balls and leave to rise in a warm oven for 30 minute, or until double in size.
- Steam balls in a steamer (standard size fits two balls per plastic bowl) for about 7 minutes each.
- If needed, you can place the pyzy in a bowl in a low heat oven to keep warm as you finish up the rest.