This is one of Sweden's most popular every-day dishes. Serve it with fried eggs, pickled beetroot and rye bread, in the traditional way. Makes a superb light "comfort" lunch or supper dish, and is quick and easy to rustle up for hungry children and family!
- Heat up a large frying pan and melt the half the butter.
- Add the diced potatoes and saute until the potatoes are golden brown and soft.
- In another smaller frying pan, add the remaining butter and melt.
- Add the diced onions and cook until golden brown and soft.
- Add the fried onions to the fried potatoes, then add the parsley, mix gently but well - cover and keep warm.
- Put the chopped meat into the onion pan and saute quickly and over a high heat.
- Add the meat to the potatoes and onion mixture.
- Heat up the sunflower oil and fry the eggs.
- Serve the Pytta I Panna immediately with a fried egg on top of the potato, onion and meat mixture.
- Accompany this dish with a bowl of pickled beetroot and rye bread.