1/1 Photo of Pytt I Panna - Swedish Fried Hash With Pickled Beetroot
French Tart's Note:
This is one of Sweden's most popular every-day dishes. Serve it with fried eggs, pickled beetroot and rye bread, in the traditional way. Makes a superb light "comfort" lunch or supper dish, and is quick and easy to rustle up for hungry children and family!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat up a large frying pan and melt the half the butter.
- 2Add the diced potatoes and saute until the potatoes are golden brown and soft.
- 3In another smaller frying pan, add the remaining butter and melt.
- 4Add the diced onions and cook until golden brown and soft.
- 5Add the fried onions to the fried potatoes, then add the parsley, mix gently but well - cover and keep warm.
- 6Put the chopped meat into the onion pan and saute quickly and over a high heat.
- 7Add the meat to the potatoes and onion mixture.
- 8Heat up the sunflower oil and fry the eggs.
- 9Serve the Pytta I Panna immediately with a fried egg on top of the potato, onion and meat mixture.
- 10Accompany this dish with a bowl of pickled beetroot and rye bread.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pytt I Panna - Swedish Fried Hash With Pickled Beetroot
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 535.4
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 300.9 mg
- Sodium 206.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 30.2 g