1/1 Photo of Pyrenees-style roasted figs
Hey Jude's Note:
Another recipe for my fig-lovin' friends. I haven't tried this, I don't have much experience with figs. Recipe is from the Chicago Sun-Times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2Butter a shallow, flameproof baking dish.
- 3Place figs in dish side by side, stems up; sprinkle with 1/4 c sugar and 1 tablespoon water.
- 4Bake on oven's center rack for 20 minutes, basting figs from time to time with syrupy juices in the dish.
- 5Add walnuts and sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon sugar.
- 6Lower oven temperature to 300° and bake 10 minutes longer.
- 7Carefully transfer figs and walnuts to serving dish; drizzle with honey.
- 8At serving time, spoon syrup over figs.
- 9They are delicious as is; to enhance further, sprinkle with lemon juice and a grinding of pepper.
- 10Serve cold with creme fraiche or softly whipped cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pyrenees-style roasted figs
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.1
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 18.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 31.6 g
- Protein 2.4 g