Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is truly unique, easy, and has only 4 ingredients. From Joanna Farrow.
Make and share this Pyramid Meringue With Chocolate Mascarpone recipe from Food.com.
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 4 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup superfine sugar or 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line 3 cookie sheets with parchment or waxed paper.
- Grate 3 ounces of the chocolate.
- Beat egg whites in a clean metal bowl until stiff peaks are formed.
- Gradually beat in half the sugar, then add the rest, and whisk or beat until stiff and glossy.
- Whisk the grated chocolate lighly into the egg whites.
- Draw an 8-inch circle on a piece of parchment paper, turn it upside down, and place on a cookie sheet.
- Spread half of the meringue evenly within the circle.
- Spoon the remaining meringue in 28-30 spoonfuls onto the remaining cookie sheets.
- Bake the meringue for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until crisp and dried.
- To make the filling, melt remaining chocolate in a double boiler or heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Cool the chocolate slightly, then stir in the mascarpone, and chill until firm.
- Spoon chocolate mixture into a pastry bag, and sandwich the meringues into pairs, reserving a small amount of filling.
- Arrange meringues on the meringue base, using remaining filling to hold the meringues in position on the base.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar, if desired.