- 1 teaspoon dried red hot chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 lb fresh squid, cleaned and cut into 1/2-inch round slices
- 1⁄4 lb swiss chard or 1⁄4 lb watercress, green leaves only, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the chili flakes, lime juice, soy sauce, and sugar together. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok or skillet and over moderate heat, fry the garlic and onion for 1 minute. Add the squid slices and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add the chili/lime mixture and continue to fry.
- Add the greens and cook for 2 minutes more. Do not overcook since it toughens the squid.
- Serve warm.