Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I haven't made this yet but it looks really good. My grandmother just gave it to me. Posted for Zaar World Tour 05
- 8 ounces breadcrumbs
- 4 ounces chopped suet
- 2 ounces sugar
- 4 ounces currants
- 1 ounce lemon zest or 1 ounce orange zest
- 1 egg
- 2 quarts milk
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Beat the egg and add to the milk.
- Combine the milk mix with the dry ingredients.
- Cover and boil for 3 hours.
- Serve with Madeira Sauce poured over the pudding. (Iced Madeira Sauce recipe #137493 reccomended.).