Recipe by Amis
Yummy. I haven't made this myself yet, but I asked for the recipe from a friend after having it at her house. Posted for Zaar World Tour 05.
- 6 ounces breadcrumbs (12 tbsp.)
- 4 pints milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 3 egg yolks
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate the rind of the lemon.
- Add the lemon rind, sugar and butter to the milk and bring to the boil.
- Pour over the breadcrumbs and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- Separate the egg whites and yolks.
- Stir the yolks into the cool bread mixture. Melt the jam.
- Pour half of the pudding mixture into a greased ovenproof dish.
- Spread with half the jam.
- Add the remainder of the pudding mixture and then the rest of the jam.
- Bake in a warm oven (325/F. or Mark 3) for 40-45 minutes,.