Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking. I'm only posting it for efficient grocery list functionality; not to take any credit. And her site is GREAT. Be sure to check it out. Wonderful writing, and beautiful step-by-step photography. She has a cookbook coming out sometime in 2009, I think. I'm sure this version of Chex Mix will be scrumptious; I'm trying it tonight!
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 2 cups mixed nuts
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 -4 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 -12 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 3 -5 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- Dump cereal in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in pretzel sticks and nuts.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add remaining ingredients and microwave until butter is melted.
- Stir together and toss into cereal mixture, stirring as you go.
- Transfer mix onto one or two flat baking sheets.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let cool and store in airtight container.
I have been making the traditional chex mix for years....but this version is the BEST! My family loves it. Have to agree with Ree (aka The Pioneer Woman)...the addition of the fresh minced garlic is the secret! The only substitute I made was using Louisana Hot Sauce instead of Tabasco.