Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderful cheese muffin, best served warm. Recipe originally came from PioneerWoman.com and quickly became a favorite here. The original recipe states they can be frozen but I haven't tried that yet.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in cheese.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg, milk, and butter together.
- Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients; stir with a spoon to combine.
- Bake in greased muffin tins at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Makes 12.
The muffins were really moist. I added a little bit more cheese and they were full of cheese and really good. My family loved these with dinner tonight. Thanks for the great recipe that I will be making again. Made for Fall PAC 2009.