1/2 Photos of Pvw's Slap Me I'm so Simple Asian Inspired Salad
Proud Veteran's wife's Note:
I made this up for dining on a $ cooking contest. This is an Asian Inspired salad it was great for lunch! It's very simple to make. It uses inexpensive ingredients but is very tasty I hope you enjoy! Prep/Cooking time does not include refrigeration time which is optional at 30 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 ounce) package beef-flavor ramen noodles
- 2 cups packaged coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated fresh
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard, powdered
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon orange juice, from fresh orange or 1 teaspoon mandarin orange juice, from canned mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup crisp chow mein noodles
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
- 1 -2 green onion, sliced (optional)
- 1Open Ramen Noodle package and set aside the Beef Flavor package. In a small pot or pan break Ramen Noodles using your hands into 4 or more pieces. This will depend on how long you want your noodles for your salad. Cook on stove according to the Ramen Noodle package directions. When finished cooking drain and run under cold water until noodles are cold to the touch.
- 2In a medium to large sized bowl combine Cold Ramen Noodles, Cole Slaw, and carrots, mix then set aside.
- 3In a smaller sized bowl combine the Beef Flavor Package from the Ramen Noodles, Mayonnaise, Dry Mustard, Ground Ginger, Sugar, White Vinegar, Orange Zest and Orange juice or Juce from mandarin orange can. Mix until well blended. Pour dressing over salad and mix until well blended.
- 4Add Cooked Chicken Breasts to the salad, Drain and add the can of Mandarin Oranges, Add optional Onions, and/or Slivered Almonds. You may eat at this point or you can place in fridge for 30 minutes to cool the salad even more and blend flavors.
- 5Top with chow mein noodles before serving and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pvw's Slap Me I'm so Simple Asian Inspired Salad
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.8
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 33.2 mg
- Sodium 644.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 16.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
packaged coleslaw mix
crisp chow mein noodles