Recipe by WizzyTheStick
Adapted to my tastes from an online recipe. A filling and tasty salad. Serves 2 as a main dish or 4 as a starter.
Top Review by What's Cooking?
Fantastic recipe! I suggest doubling the vinegar amount and being generous with the salt and pepper. I used only half a red onion which was plenty. I ommitted the ham since I'm kosher. I used a high-quality goat feta, which I highly recommend. Thanks for this wonderful recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup puy lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- 3⁄4 cup green beans, trimmed and sliced in fourths
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 ounces feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup ham (diced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the lentils and bay leaf in a saucepan with water.
- Bring to a boil, cover, lower the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the lentils are tender.
- Discard the bay leaf, drain the lentils, and leave them to cool.
- While the lentils are cooking, chop the beans, carrot and celery.
- Put them in a steamer for about 10 minutes or blanch them in boiling water for about 1 minute- they should be crisp, crunchy and bright in colour.
- Toss all of the cooked ingredients, along with the cilantro, onion, ham and feta, in a medium-sized bowl.
- Whisk together the oil and rice vinegar and dress the salad.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.