1/2 Photos of Puy Lentil Salad
2 hrs 30 mins
amanda l b's Note:
I love Puy lentils - they're nutty tasting with a lovely texture. If you can't get Puy lentils, brown or green work equally well. This salad is a great, healthy accompaniment to a meal, or as a dish in it's own right. The recipe is from Stephanie Alexander's original edition of the cook's companion. I've adapted it slightly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g puy lentils, soaked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red capsicum
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1Wash the lentils thoroughly and then soak in plenty of water for 2 hours. Drain and reserve 3/4 cup of the liquid.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and saute the onion until golden.
- 3Add the garlic and cook for a furtehr minute.
- 4Add the lentils, salt and reserved water and cook over a low heat for 20-25 minutes - stirring frequently - until the liquid has evaporated. The lentils should still be firm.
- 5Tip the lentils into a serving bowl. Toss through the capsicum, red onion, parsely, extra virgin olive oil and vinegar. Grind on pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puy Lentil Salad
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.6
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 588.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 5.2 g