Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a delish sauce for pasta.
- 1 cup pitted halved ripe olives
- 1⁄2 cup dried tomatoe, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) jar capers, drained
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets, mashed
- 3 cups quartered plum tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Add the tomato, pesto, and red peppers; bring to boil again.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve over hot pasta.
I like Puttanesca and when I saw this recipe for Garlic Lovers I just had to try it. I made the sauce as stated, but was very tempted to add tomato sauce or pasta sauce for a more gravy consistency. I am glad that I stuck with the recipe as written. I mixed my sauce with Cavatappi pasta and the next day the sauce flavors were wonderful with the pasta. Maybe next time I'll add some tomato sauce for a change up, then again maybe not...
Very tasty and flavorful but the color of my sauce became a bit dull after simmering for a few minutes. I followed the recipe exactly but thought about adding a can of tomato sauce. Maybe my tomatoes were not the best...Will try again with fresh garden tomatoes! Served this tossed with pasta and some canned tuna...love the garlic flavor!!
Excellent! I didn't have olives, but I will definitely add them next time; and there will be a next time. I served it with small shell pasta, because I like how they "trap" the capers. Thank you.