Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is a delish sauce for pasta.
Top Review by Ms. B
I like Puttanesca and when I saw this recipe for Garlic Lovers I just had to try it. I made the sauce as stated, but was very tempted to add tomato sauce or pasta sauce for a more gravy consistency. I am glad that I stuck with the recipe as written. I mixed my sauce with Cavatappi pasta and the next day the sauce flavors were wonderful with the pasta. Maybe next time I'll add some tomato sauce for a change up, then again maybe not...
- 1 cup pitted halved ripe olives
- 1⁄2 cup dried tomatoe, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) jar capers, drained
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets, mashed
- 3 cups quartered plum tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper