Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great supplemnt to the La Vigillia (feast of the seven fishes)
- 2 garlic cloves
- extra virgin olive oil, for sauteing
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 2 (35 ounce) cans plum tomatoes
- 1 cup kalamata olive, sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- fresh basil leaf
- 1 fresh lemon, juice of
- 3 ounces chicken broth
- 1 lb pasta, of choice
- Saute garlic in extra virgin olive oil in large frying pan.
- Add anchovies and tomatoes, mix and simmer for 5 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer on low heat for 20-30 min, stirring while simmering.
- Serve over cooked pasta of choice.