3 hrs 15 mins
Chef 'Diva Divine's Note:
Found on Oprah.com they have poste that it is From : Fresh from the Vegan Slow Cooker (Harvard Common Press) by Robin Robertson. Saw and knew I wanted to put away to try later...what better place to do so than here. If you give it a tr let me know the results and if you recommend and tweaks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup warm water (as needed )
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olive, sliced
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese (optional) or 1/2 cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 1For the dough: Lightly oil the inside of a large bowl.
- 2In a food processor, combine the flour, yeast, salt, and Italian seasoning. With the machine running, add the oil through the feed tube, then slowly add as much water as needed to form a slightly sticky dough ball.
- 3Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead for 1 to 2 minutes, until it is smooth and elastic.
- 4Shape the dough into a ball and transfer to the prepared bowl, turning the dough to coat it with oil.
- 5Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside to rise at warm room temperature until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- 6While the dough is rising, make the sauce. In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, both kinds of olives, capers, parsley, basil, oregano, garlic powder, sugar, red pepper flakes, and salt and black pepper to taste.
- 7Generously oil the insert of a large (5- to 7-quart) slow cooker or spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- 8Punch down the dough and transfer it to a lightly floured surface. Flatten the dough, then shape it to just fit inside your slow cooker.
- 9Place the dough in the cooker and spread the sauce over the dough.
- 10To prevent condensation from dripping onto the pizza, drape a clean kitchen towel over the cooker, then put on the lid.
- 11Cook on High for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- 12If using the vegan mozzarella, sprinkle it on the pizza after 1 hour and 15 minutes, then cook for 30 minutes longer to allow it to melt.
- 13Read more: http://www.oprah.com/food/Puttanesca-Pizza-Recipe#ixzz2LxMjX1QA.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Puttanesca Pizza Crock Pot Style!!
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.1
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1100.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 11.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: