Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Found on Oprah.com they have poste that it is From : Fresh from the Vegan Slow Cooker (Harvard Common Press) by Robin Robertson. Saw and knew I wanted to put away to try later...what better place to do so than here. If you give it a tr let me know the results and if you recommend and tweaks.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup warm water (as needed )
- 1⁄2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olive, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup pitted green olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese (optional) or 1⁄2 cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese (optional)
- For the dough: Lightly oil the inside of a large bowl.
- In a food processor, combine the flour, yeast, salt, and Italian seasoning. With the machine running, add the oil through the feed tube, then slowly add as much water as needed to form a slightly sticky dough ball.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead for 1 to 2 minutes, until it is smooth and elastic.
- Shape the dough into a ball and transfer to the prepared bowl, turning the dough to coat it with oil.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside to rise at warm room temperature until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- While the dough is rising, make the sauce. In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, both kinds of olives, capers, parsley, basil, oregano, garlic powder, sugar, red pepper flakes, and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Generously oil the insert of a large (5- to 7-quart) slow cooker or spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Punch down the dough and transfer it to a lightly floured surface. Flatten the dough, then shape it to just fit inside your slow cooker.
- Place the dough in the cooker and spread the sauce over the dough.
- To prevent condensation from dripping onto the pizza, drape a clean kitchen towel over the cooker, then put on the lid.
- Cook on High for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- If using the vegan mozzarella, sprinkle it on the pizza after 1 hour and 15 minutes, then cook for 30 minutes longer to allow it to melt.
- Read more: http://www.oprah.com/food/Puttanesca-Pizza-Recipe#ixzz2LxMjX1QA.