Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This pasta sauce hails from the funky Kingston, Ontario restaurant- Chez Piggy. This is a big, bold, grownup taste - emphasizing olives, anchovies and capers over tomatoes with a sweet back note from raisins. Not for the faint of heart. Give it a try.
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup quality extra virgin olive oil
- 15 green colossal olives, pitted and chopped
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 anchovies, finely chopped
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs pasta, cooked and drained
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- Soak raisins in hot water for 15 minutes until soft, then drain and chop.
- Warm the olive oil in a large skillet, and stir in all ingredients, except pasta and cheese. Heat through.
- Toss with hot pasta and garnish with cheese.