Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals cookbook. A simple flavorful tomato sauced pasta.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1⁄4 cup pitted black olives
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 lb linguine, cooked and drained
- Heat oil over medium heat along with garlic and crushed red pepper. When garlic starts making noise, add the anchovies and cook until they disappear. Add tomatoes, capers, parsley, and olives. Add cooked linguine to the pan. Heat through and serve.
Delicious and satisfying without feeling heavy. Don't skip the anchovies, they provide the bulk of the flavor! I upped the chili flakes and added some fresh basil. This will now be in the weekly rotation. Carnivorous hubby did not miss the meat and asked I make extra for lunch leftovers next time. Have everything premeasured and ready to go, this sauce is super fast!
Don't be afraid to use the anchovy fillets. Even if you think you don't like them, you will in this dish. They disappear and just leave a saltiness behind. It is so wonderful. i didn't change a thing. You could up the red pepper flakes if you really like it really spicy, but it was perfect for me.
Quick, inexpensive, and easy to make. This was really good mostly because we were low on groceries and most of the ingredients are pantry items we always have on hand.