Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Cheesy Gourmet Quiche - Yum!
Make and share this Putnam's Market Quiche recipe from Food.com.
For the crust
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable shortening, chilled
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- flour, for dusting
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch dry mustard
- 1 pinch paprika
For the Filling
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped coarsely
- 1⁄3 cup diced yellow onion, sauteed until translucent
- 3 ounces gruyere, grated
- 3 ounces swiss cheese, emmental grated
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make the crust: In a large bowl, combine the flour and the salt. Cut in the shortening. Add water to bring the dough together. Roll the dough out on a floured surface and place into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Make the egg mixture: In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, pepper, dry mustard and paprika. Set aside.
- Assemble: Sprinkle the bacon, then onion, and then the cheeses on top of the crust, saving 1 chopped slice of bacon for the top garnish. Pour the egg mixture slowly into the shell to the rim. Sprinkle the reserved bacon on top of the quiche.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Then remove the foil and finish baking for 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
*WONDERFUL* Great texture and flavor :) The crust is so easy to make and comes out nice and flaky. For the filling I did add 2 more eggs, other than that made as written. This goes into my breakfast rotation and will be made often. Thanks for posting such a super Quiche recipe. *Made for Spring 2010 PAC*