1/11 Photos of Put the Lime in the Coconut Muffins
SUSIE IN MISSOURI's Note:
These muffins are a blend of two recipes. They have a wonderful "Island" taste and combine my families love of Key Lime Juice and Coconut.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl.
- 2In a separate bowl, combine milk, eggs, oil and Key Lime Juice.
- 3Stir liquid ingredients into dry ingredients just until all are moist, do not overmix.
- 4Spray Large muffin tins lightly with cooking oil.
- 5Layer batter and coconut by filling tins 1/2 full with batter, then 1 tablespoon of coconut, then fill to about 1/4 inch from top with batter and top with 1 tablespoon of coconut.
- 6Bake at 400 degrees for 25-28 minutes, until tops are brown and the coconut is toasty. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes, run a knife around the muffins and place on serving dish or store in airtight container.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Put the Lime in the Coconut Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 509.5
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 63.9 mg
- Sodium 447.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 48.7 g
- Protein 7.3 g