Recipe by SUSIE IN MISSOURI
These muffins are a blend of two recipes. They have a wonderful "Island" taste and combine my families love of Key Lime Juice and Coconut.
Top Review by Annie H
I really liked these a lot. The flavors are interesting and refreshing without being overpowering. I made small muffins and got a perfect 18, baking them in my metal muffin tins and getting a clean toothpick and toasty coconut at 12-15 mins. My only complaint is that they are a bit dry but I suspect I may have over baked them a little. I'll definitely try them again in the future and play with the baking time a bit. Thanks for the keeper!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup key lime juice
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, eggs, oil and Key Lime Juice.
- Stir liquid ingredients into dry ingredients just until all are moist, do not overmix.
- Spray Large muffin tins lightly with cooking oil.
- Layer batter and coconut by filling tins 1/2 full with batter, then 1 tablespoon of coconut, then fill to about 1/4 inch from top with batter and top with 1 tablespoon of coconut.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-28 minutes, until tops are brown and the coconut is toasty. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes, run a knife around the muffins and place on serving dish or store in airtight container.