These muffins are a blend of two recipes. They have a wonderful "Island" taste and combine my families love of Key Lime Juice and Coconut.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, eggs, oil and Key Lime Juice.
- Stir liquid ingredients into dry ingredients just until all are moist, do not overmix.
- Spray Large muffin tins lightly with cooking oil.
- Layer batter and coconut by filling tins 1/2 full with batter, then 1 tablespoon of coconut, then fill to about 1/4 inch from top with batter and top with 1 tablespoon of coconut.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-28 minutes, until tops are brown and the coconut is toasty. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes, run a knife around the muffins and place on serving dish or store in airtight container.