Recipe by Debby H
The story behind this comes from a simple recipe I had found, then made changes to make our own. My husband loved it so much the first time I made it I literally had to say to him "Put down your fork or you'll explode". So from that point on we have called it by this name. The ingredients may seem bland, but combined together they taste great and present well. Enjoy.
Top Review by Red Jenny
Tasty, and very easy. I didn't have all the right ingredients: I used apple cider vinegar, dried basil, cucumbers and tomatoes (instead of the peppers), and no scallions. Still, delish!
- 44.37 ml light olive oil or 44.37 ml canola oil
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2.46 ml salt
- 29.58 ml fresh basil, minced
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 566.99 g can white kidney beans or 566.99 g can great northern beans
- 368.54 g can albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 59.14 ml red sweet bell peppers or 59.14 ml yellow sweet bell peppers or 59.14 ml orange sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 6 leaf bibb lettuce (optional)