Recipe by Debby H
The story behind this comes from a simple recipe I had found, then made changes to make our own. My husband loved it so much the first time I made it I literally had to say to him "Put down your fork or you'll explode". So from that point on we have called it by this name. The ingredients may seem bland, but combined together they taste great and present well. Enjoy.
Top Review by Red Jenny
Tasty, and very easy. I didn't have all the right ingredients: I used apple cider vinegar, dried basil, cucumbers and tomatoes (instead of the peppers), and no scallions. Still, delish!
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil or 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (20 ounce) can white kidney beans or 1 (20 ounce) can great northern beans
- 1 (13 ounce) can albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red sweet bell peppers or 1⁄4 cup yellow sweet bell peppers or 1⁄4 cup orange sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 6 leaves bibb lettuce (optional)