1/2 Photos of "Put Down Your Fork!" Tuna and Bean Salad
Debby H's Note:
The story behind this comes from a simple recipe I had found, then made changes to make our own. My husband loved it so much the first time I made it I literally had to say to him "Put down your fork or you'll explode". So from that point on we have called it by this name. The ingredients may seem bland, but combined together they taste great and present well. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil or 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (20 ounce) can white kidney beans or 1 (20 ounce) can great northern beans
- 1 (13 ounce) can albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup red sweet bell peppers or 1/4 cup yellow sweet bell peppers or 1/4 cup orange sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 6 leaves bibb lettuce (optional)
- 1In salad bowl, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, basil and black pepper.
- 2Add beans, tuna, scallions and sweet pepper and toss.
- 3Chill several hours for flavors to blend.
- 4To make a beautiful presentation, serve on a leaf of Bibb lettuce.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "Put Down Your Fork!" Tuna and Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.2
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.0 mg
- Sodium 718.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 20.3 g