Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My daughter and I were at the store and she picked up a box of Hamburger Helper and said to me, we have ground beef. I looked at the ingredients and decided to make it myself. It’s really not much more work than the boxed stuff and so much better for you (tastes better too!) This is an excellent ‘quickie’ week night dinner and it feeds a crowd!
- 453.59 g egg noodles
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 4.92 ml garlic, chopped
- 14.79 ml parsley, chopped
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 118.29 ml Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 118.29 ml locatelli cheese (divided)
- 737.08 g marinara sauce
- 236.59 ml ricotta cheese
- 118.29 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Boil egg noodles in a large pot of salted water.
- While you’re readying the pasta: in a deep frying pan on medium high heat, begin to brown the ground beef, add parsley, onion powder, garlic, ¼ cup of the grated locatelli (or Parmesan, whichever you prefer) salt and pepper.
- When the meat is cooked through sprinkle the bread crumbs over and continue to cook, browning the breadcrumbs and the meat.
- Stir in the marinara sauce and bring up to a simmer.
- Drain noodles well and stir in .
- Just prior to serving, fold in the ricotta (but not so that it’s completely incorporated, you should see streaks of white) top with mozzarella and remaining locatelli.
- Heat until the mozzarella melts and serve.