My daughter and I were at the store and she picked up a box of Hamburger Helper and said to me, we have ground beef. I looked at the ingredients and decided to make it myself. It’s really not much more work than the boxed stuff and so much better for you (tastes better too!) This is an excellent ‘quickie’ week night dinner and it feeds a crowd!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g egg noodles
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 4.92 ml garlic, chopped
- 14.79 ml parsley, chopped
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 118.29 ml Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 118.29 ml locatelli cheese (divided)
- 737.08 g marinara sauce
- 236.59 ml ricotta cheese
- 118.29 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Boil egg noodles in a large pot of salted water.
- 2While you’re readying the pasta: in a deep frying pan on medium high heat, begin to brown the ground beef, add parsley, onion powder, garlic, ¼ cup of the grated locatelli (or Parmesan, whichever you prefer) salt and pepper.
- 3When the meat is cooked through sprinkle the bread crumbs over and continue to cook, browning the breadcrumbs and the meat.
- 4Stir in the marinara sauce and bring up to a simmer.
- 5Drain noodles well and stir in .
- 6Just prior to serving, fold in the ricotta (but not so that it’s completely incorporated, you should see streaks of white) top with mozzarella and remaining locatelli.
- 7Heat until the mozzarella melts and serve.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Put Down That Box! Not Hh Skillet Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 665.5
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 141.3 mg
- Sodium 1180.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 36.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: