Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Alcohol free cheese fondue, posted as request. This was named after Pussyfoot Johnson the prohibitionist.
- 250 g gruyere cheese
- 250 g emmenthaler cheese
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- sweet paprika
- freshly grated nutmeg
- Grate both cheeses Rub fondue pot with the garlic.
- Add apple juice and heat until it begins to bubble Stir in both the cheese by the handful.
- When cheese is melted mix together cornstarch with lemon juice, stir into cheese mixture until thickened.
- Season with paprika and nutmeg.
- Transfer fondue pot to tabletop burner.
Made for Valentine's Day family fondue night and this was everyone's favorite. Just realized I forgot the paprika and nutmeg; oh well, it was still good! Served with bread cubes, multigrain and sourdough, rye pretzels, mushrooms cut in half, and baby carrots cut in half. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
My family's favorite, though I thought the apple flavor was overwhelming. I will make it again but will substitute vernors ginger ale (my favorite white wine substitute) for at least half of the juice next time.
We loved this! It has very good flavors and was easy to make. I followed the recipe as written. The flavors went well together. The nutmeg really complimented the flavor of the cheeses and the apple juice. We will be making this one again. Thanks for posting!