Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use tender, not tough purslane leaves. Purslane (verdolagas in Spanish) is a wild plant in the succulent family. It grows in Mexico and in the Southwest of the US.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 small onion, sliced into thin rings
- 3 -4 stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup cooked purslane, chopped
- In a large cooking pot, heat the chicken broth, add onion, tomatoes and cilantro.
- Heat to a slow boil, reduce heat, add garlic salt and salt to taste.
- Simmer 5 minutes, covered.
- Add the chopped, cooked purslane. Stir.
- Serve at once.