Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
This cake is just adorable! Great for your favorite lttle girl! This is from the Betty Crocker website and it's made using a cake mix!
- 1 (18 ounce) box Betty Crocker Super Moist yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water, use measurement called for on cake mix box
- 1⁄3 cup butter, use measurement called for on cake mix box
- 3 eggs, use measurement called for on cake mix box
- 1 (1 lb) containerbetty crocker rich & creamy vanilla frosting
- food coloring, as desired
- 1 piece green peelable string licorice
- assorted small multicolored hard candies
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease bottoms and sides of two 9-inch round cake pans with shortening or cooking spray. Make cake mix as directed on box, Pour into pans.
- Bake as directed on box for 9-inch round cake pans. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Use serrated knife to cut one-fourth off each cake to form a straight edge about 7 inches long. Use the small pieces of cake to form the change purse. Spread about 2 tablespoons frosting on bottom side of 1 cake. Place bottom side of other cake on frosting, matching cut edges. On serving plate or tray, stand cake, cut side down. Cover; freeze 1 hour or until firm.
- In small bowl, mix remaining frosting and food color until desired shade. Frost cake.
- Use peelable string licorice for handle and candy for clasp. Decorate purse as desired with assorted candies. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
For a mom of only boys, this recipe was absolutely perfect to make for a "Little Ladies" Weekend with my nieces. This was so easy to make and they were able to help! Thank you!!!