1/1 Photo of Purresuppe - Leek Soup
Traditional leek from Norway, posted for ZWT 6
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a large heavy bottomed saucepan. Cut the leeks in half lengthwise and wash thoroughly. Slice. Dice the potatoes and carrots and add with the leeks to the saucepan. Cook five minutes while stirring occasionally to prevent vegetables from browning.
- 2Add flour stirring constantly; remove from heat and add broth all at once while continuing to stir. Reduce heat and let simmer until vegetables are tender.
- 3Beat egg yolks into a soup tureen. Pour soup over egg yolks, a little at a time, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Norwegian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Purresuppe - Leek Soup
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.1
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 78.2 mg
- Sodium 465.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: