1/1 Photo of Purple Sprouting Broccoli and Asparagus Salad
Here is a tasty way to serve those delicious spears of purple sprouting broccoli.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 heads purple broccoli
- 12 asparagus spears
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- baby spinach leaves, washed
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon capers (optional)
- chopped fresh dill
For the avocado dressing
- 1Separate the broccoli into small sprigs and steam until just tender.
- 2Steam the asparagus until just tender.
- 3Combine the broccoli, asparagus and spring onions in a bowl.
- 4For the avocado dressing, purée all the ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- 5Season to taste.
- 6Mix the dressing with the broccoli and asparagus and serve on a bed of baby spinach, with the cherry tomatoes.
- 7Garnish with capers, if using, and fresh dill.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Purple Sprouting Broccoli and Asparagus Salad
Serving Size: 1 (1468 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.4
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 436.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 40.7 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 39.4 g