- 8 heads purple broccoli
- 12 asparagus spears
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- baby spinach leaves, washed
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon capers (optional)
- chopped fresh dill
For the avocado dressing
- 2 avocados
- 150 g natural yoghurt
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice only
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate the broccoli into small sprigs and steam until just tender.
- Steam the asparagus until just tender.
- Combine the broccoli, asparagus and spring onions in a bowl.
- For the avocado dressing, purée all the ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Season to taste.
- Mix the dressing with the broccoli and asparagus and serve on a bed of baby spinach, with the cherry tomatoes.
- Garnish with capers, if using, and fresh dill.