Recipe by TheDangerChef
Inspired by a love of Greek flavors and American vegetables. For me, its a new way to eat beets, a vegetable that gets a bum rap in my opinion. (Tzatziki dressing adapted from one posted on About.com)
- 3 beets
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 3 medium white potatoes
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 teaspoon fresh onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup plain sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon honey or 1 teaspoon raspberry preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- To prep the vegetables, peel and boil fresh beets about 15 minutes. Drain under cold water and place in large salad bowl.
- While beets are cooking, cube potatoes to 1/2 inch. Boil for 12 minutes. Drain under cold water and place in the bowl.
- Cook corn in microwave on high about 3-4 minutes. Drain and place in the bowl. Place the bowl in refrigerator to cool while preparing the dressing.
- To prepare dressing, first mince the garlic and dill. Combine with the rest of the dressing ingredients and mix well.
- Peel the cucumber. Remove the vegetables from the refrigerator. Cube, dice, or slice the beets, potatoes, and cucumber and return to the bowl.
- Mix the dressing with the salad just before serving. Store separately. Enjoy!