Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I got this recipe from the "Oregon Fruit Products" web site. Didn't make it yet, but it sounds so good I'll try it soon. Please, let me know if you try it!
- 473.18 ml granulated sugar
- 236.59 ml corn oil
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 473.18 ml pre-sifted all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml soy flour
- 7.39 ml apple pie spice
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2 (850.48 g) canoregon purple plums, drained, seeded, wiped dry, coarsely chopped
- 473.18 ml granny smith apples, peeled, coarsely shredded
- 236.59 ml pecans, coarsely chopped, toasted (see NOTE)
- toasted pecan halves and mint leaf (to garnish)
APPLE CIDER GLAZE
- 59.14 ml butter
- 44.37 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml apple cider
- 29.58 ml water
- Combine sugar, oil, egg, and egg whites; beat with electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes. Gradually add combined dry ingredients, beating well after each addition. (Batter will be quite thick.) Add plums, apples, and chopped pecans; mix at low speed until well-blended.
- Spoon batter into buttered and floured 10" bundt pan; smooth top. Bake at 325 F for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until springy to the touch and pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes, then invert onto rack. Brush glaze over warm cake. Garnish with pecan halves. Let cake cool completely on wire rack; transfer to serving plate; garnish with mint leaves.
- APPLE CIDER GLAZE: Combine all ingredients in medium saucepan. Place over medium-high heat; bring to a boil stirring constantly until sugar melts. Boil uncovered 3 minutes. Cool glaze 10 minutes before using.
- NOTE: To toast pecans, place them on baking sheet; bake in preheated 350 F oven until slightly brown (10 minutes if large, 7 minutes if small; they continue to brown after removing from oven).