Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The blueberries in this give it a nice purple hue, but you still get a healthy dose of greens. Add the chia to keep you full a little longer and give you a full day's dose of Omega 3s.
- Use frozen fruit if you can. I take spotty bananas, peel them, and put them in a large freezer bag so they're always frozen and ready!
- Break bananas into chunks and put in good blender with rest of ingredients.
- You can add the chia to the blender, or add them after and let the smoothie sit about 15 minutes to "plump up" the seeds. You'll get a kind of "boba tea effect" and they will help keep you full and hydrated longer.
- I also added a small amount of parsley to mine since my herbs are already filming "Herbs Gone Wild" in my garden. Adds a very fresh flavor, but don't add too much. Less is more with parsley until you're sure you like the flavor.
- Can use any kind of berries you'd like.
This was a good smoothie and I was able to sneak in the spinach without DSs noticing! I just threw a handful of spinach in (didn't really measure it) and think I got too much since the smoothie didn't really turn out purple. I did add some Splenda to sweeten it a little and used coconut milk rather than almond milk because that is what I had. Made for My 3 Chefs.