Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a cold fruit salad that kids seem to love....I think it is because of the color. If you wish, you can leave the Cool Whip out and you will have a completely different salad! We love it both ways.
- 1 (6 ounce) box grape Jell-O
- 1 (20 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (8 ounce) carton whipped topping
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- In a large bowl, mix Jello with 1 cup boiling water and stir until Jello is dissolved.
- Add the pie filling and crushed pineapple (with juice) to the Jello mixture and blend well.
- Refrigerate until mixture begins to thicken.
- Add the whipped topping, marshmallows and pecans.
- Pour into a large glass serving dish and chill.
- Serve cold.
This looked fun and different, so I decided to try it. When mixing it up, I starting having doubts about it because the grape flavor was so intense. But after chilling, the flavor and consistency was right. Loved the color---a pretty lavender color. This would be something pretty on the table at Easter.